The Pilot aired on September 26th, 2011 at 9/8c as the 1st episode of Season One.
RACHEL BILSON STARS IN THE CW'S FISH-OUT-OF-WATER SERIES ABOUT A NEW YORK CITY DOCTOR ADJUSTING TO LIFE IN A SMALL SOUTHERN TOWN - Fast-talking New Yorker Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson) has her life all figured out until she is turned down for a prestigious fellowship she had been certain she would get. Desperate, she decides to finally accept the offer of a kindly stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes (guest star Nicholas Pryor), whom she met at her medical school graduation, and who had proposed she join his small medical practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Jaime King, Wilson Bethel, Cress Williams and Scott Porter also star. Tim Matheson guest stars. Jason Ensler directed the episode written by creator and executive producer Leila Gerstein.
"Best Love Song" – T-Pain feat. Chris Brown
"Crazy" – The Kills
"For a Little While" – Langhorne Slim
"Have Love Will Travel" – The Black Keys
"Little Miss" – Sugarland
"Love Story" – Taylor Swift
"Rebels in Roses" – Everest
"The Come Down" – Austin Hartley Leonard
"The Man Grows" – Beta Radio
"This" – Darius Rucker
"Walkin' Talkin' Dead Man" – The Pine Hill Haints
"You Are Mine" – Enter the Worship Circle
The building used for the Rammer Jammer
is also used as True Blood's Merlotte's.
- The episode title 'Pilot' normally refers to the taking off of a new series. This is the first episode of Hart of Dixie.
: See that New Yorker in the Chanel jacket that doesn't quite fit in?
- Chanel is a French fashion house founded by the couturier Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, well established in haute couture, specializing in luxury goods.
Chief of Surgery
: You know what I'm talking about. Last week, you ignored Mrs. Zucker when she asked you to read to her.
Zoe Hart: I'm a surgeon, not a librarian. And Nicholas Sparks? Come on.
- Nicholas Sparks is an internationally best-selling novelist and screenwriter.
: You can call me Mrs. Hattenbarger. And my husband put the satellite in last year, we watched every episode of the Sopranos, and believe me, that family has got nothing on these girls.
- The Sopranos is an American television drama series created by David Chase that revolves around the New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) and the difficulties he faces as he tries to balance the often conflicting requirements of his home life and the criminal organization he heads.
: No way! You're the Mayor? Lavon Hayes, the linebacker? Two Super Bowls, five Pro Bowls?
- The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States.
- In professional American football, the Pro Bowl is the all-star game of the National Football League (NFL).
: Well, after ten years in the NFL, I was a little lost. So, Lavon Hayes moved back home. Having played for the Crimson Tide, I was quite popular around here. I ran...I won.
- The University of Alabama features 19 varsity sports teams. Both the male and female athletic teams are called the Crimson Tide.
: That's Burt Reynolds. The Mayor's pet alligator. His favorite movie's Smokey and the Bandit, so...
- Burt Reynolds is an American actor..
- Smokey and the Banditis a 1977 American comedy film starring Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jackie Gleason, Jerry Reed, Pat McCormick, Paul Williams, and Mike Henry.
: Oh, I'm crushing the solo, ain't I?
- Guitar Hero is a series of music video games in which players use a guitar-saped game controller to simulate playing lead, bass guitar and rhythm guitar across numerous songs..
: Off the record, why would anyone ever leave New York? New York has everything, and I know- I read the daily intel and own all the SatC dvds. I bet you're a Carrie. I'm a Charlotte, but I wish I was a Carrie.
Zoe Hart: You guys really like your classic HBO, huh? But I am a Miranda who also wishes she was a Carrie.
- Sex and the City is an American television comedy-drama series produced by HBO that follows the lives of a group of four New York women who, throughout their different natures and ever-changing sex lives, remain inseparable and confide in each other.
: Well bless your heart. But things have been working just fine here in Bluebell. We survived Katrina, we survived BP, by boarding up the windows and piling up the sandbags to keep the rot outside from fouling our community. And believe you me, Zoe Hart, we are going to chase you away from our waters.
- Hurricane Katrina, of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, was a powerful Atlantic hurricane. It was the costliest natural disaster, as well as one of the five deadliest hurricanes in the history of the United States.
- BP is a global oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and was responsible for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
: Well I'm sure you could get one here, over by the Slim Jims and duck calls.
- Slim Jims are a popular brand of meat or dried sausage snacks manufactured y ConAgra Foods, Inc.
: I just played Dixie with my butt. This never happened, you hear me?
- Dixie is a popular American song from the 19th century.
: She's got ten fingers and ten toes and those lungs that would make Carrie Underwood jealous. You've got yourself a healthy baby girl.
- Carrie Underwood is an American country singer-songwriter and actress who rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of American Idol, in 2005.
: You're here, great! There's a superb Sauncerre chilling in the car.
- Sancerre is a French wine produced in the environs of Sancerre in the eastern part of the Loire valley, southeast of Orléans.
Chief of Surgery:
“Zoe, you’ve got the best hands I’ve seen in 30 years, but if you want to be a heart surgeon, you’ve got to work on your own.”
Zoe Hart: “But I do cardio five days a week!”
Zoe Hart: "First off, diarrhea and diaper rash? Ew!"
George Tucker: "Can I offer you a ride, ma'am?"
Zoe Hart: "Thank you, but I have a strong policy against strangers chopping me up into a million pieces."
George Tucker: "If it helps, I'm a lawyer not an axe murderer."
Zoe Hart: "Well, you tell Daddy that if my medical career hasn't been killed by my mother or the Chief of Surgery at New York Hospital, it most certainly won't be by some Southern xenophobe dressed up like a stick of butter."
Zoe Hart: "Clearly I needed someplace to live. Mrs. H arranged for me to stay at the Mayor's plantation. I was like, 'I'm not sleeping at some old confederate guy's house,' but she said it was either that or the sidewalk. So…"
George Tucker: “I know you’re a New Yorker and everything, but down here in Alabama, when someone interrupts their nightly jog to climb into the mud to save our well-toned ass, you know, we say ‘Thank You’.”
Zoe Hart: "Well, my night had quickly gone downhill, but in times like this, I've found that one thing really helps me through -- Wine."
Zoe Hart: "There it is. Rock Bottom. I just played Dixie with my butt. This never happened, you hear me?"
Candice Hart: "Can we please just go home and talk about this in therapy like normal people?"
This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode you're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.